Saturday, March 5, 2016

First Public Speaking Event

One of my future goals is to be a public speaker and to advocate for autism, the boys, share our story, share inspirational thoughts, etc . I am so excited to announce that today I did my first public speaking event. I spoke at a Woman's Conference on how to maintain balance in a life full of special needs.

It was amazing to have one of my best friends, Jennifer, there and  she even introduced me!!!  Having her introduce me for my first speaking event made it all that much special.

I admit I shed a few tears telling my story about the boys and the divorce. I did my best to try to hold the tears back but I couldn't. I have done a lot of critiquing myself since my talk. If I could go back I would change a few things up but that is what life is about. We live and learn! It was my first time speaking in public in front of people telling our story and how I keep balance in my life. With that said, I hope I can look back in a few years after more public speaking events and see how far I have come.
It is amazing the path that the Lord is taking me on. It is not how I imagined my life but I am doing my best to turn my life into a positives and to see the good in everything!!!

A special thanks to my parents who went with me to make this possible for the boys and I!

 So proud of Trenton! He held hands and walked in the mall for a short bit!
 The boys were treated to a pool!!


4 comments:

  1. All in all, it was a great trip! We hit a few speed bumps, but such is life!!! Especially life with autism! Your father and I are so very proud of you,Angie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You commented as me mother!! I didn't sign out of my email

      Delete
  2. LOL I was reading that as if Angie wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, You did a really good job with your presentation. I was really impressed with how you shared your story and how you rely on God to help you through the hard times. It was so nice to see you and the boys at Jen's wish I could have met your amazing Mother. SO nice you were able to travel just a bit. Looks like the boys enjopyed the pool,

    ReplyDelete