Sunday, March 27, 2016

March 28th

Tomorrow as in Monday the 28th would have been my wedding anniversary. I can't even begin to explain what it feels like. March 28th was a day that I was suppose to share and treasure with the man that I chose to be my husband.  It was a day that was suppose to be celebrated for the rest of my life. Needless to say this day will always be a huge part of my life and I will always treasure the memories from that day.

There are certain things that stick out in my mind from my wedding day. One of them is the last thing I told my ex when we were leaving the reception. I told him that marriage was hard and we had to remember how happy we are and how in love we are to help us get through the hard times that lie ahead of us.........

A divorce is often described as a death. It's a death of a relationship that was suppose to last forever. In fact, counselors prepare their clients about this.
It's not just the loss of a husband/wife relationship, its the loss of many other family relationships. It is the loss of people that you thought you were going to spend holidays and birthdays with. Divorce takes away family members. It simply takes a lot away....it is the end of not just one dream but many dreams.
Needless to say, it is a very hard process to work though.
I have spoken to a few people who are divorced and many of them say that they always feel different, sad, down, etc on the anniversary of their weddings....I completely understand what they are saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment