Friday, April 15, 2016

Poop Smearing

Trenton develops new battles daily. A common battle of individuals on the severe end of the spectrum is playing in their feces. It has been 3 weeks now that Trenton has developed this behavior. Almost daily, he drops his pants when he starts to go and just starts playing in his poop and smearing it everywhere. Of course, I stop the behavior when I see it. However, I am not going to lie, I haven't been right by his side the second his starts to go. I'm starting to get lots of experience in cleaning up poop!!
I've heard horror stories from fellow parents of waking up in the middle of the night to their child smearing their feces all over their bedroom walls, etc.
I know....it is gross. It is hard to understand..... but if you are an autism parent that has this battle, you understand! It is just part of the disability....

No comments:

Post a Comment