Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Trenton & Spot

I am so grateful for the way I was raised. Every child is not fortunate enough to have such loving, Christian parents. My parents were a great example to me and my brothers and it has most definitely had an impact on my life.
The example we set for our children start the day they are born.As parents we have a duty to perform. A great passage can be found in Proverbs 22:6 which says, Train up a child in the way they should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

As parents we have a duty to make sure our children know God and his teachings. Some children may not depart from their parents due to their disability. However, if a child is able to depart as he/she gets older, if they are raised up knowing what to do, he/she will know the Lord and follow his example. Some turn away from the Lord as they get older. However, parents are called to perform a duty when they have children.

I pray with my boys daily. I make sure I tell them that they can talk to God any time of the day, anywhere they are. Yesterday morning when Andrew was praying, he prayed for God to help Trenton and Spot to talk. My heart melted!!!!!! Andrew pays attention to absolutely everything!!! What was even sweeter was that he prayed for Spot. If you haven't seen the movie, The Good Dinosaur, then you are wondering who in the world is Spot. Spot is a character in the movie and he is unable to talk......just like Trenton.

2 comments:

  1. I’m really amazed with your posting skills as well as with the layout on your blog site. Is this a paid style or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the pleasant quality writing, it is rare to see a great site such as this one these days.I recently came to know about http://toysuae.com/, their Branded Toys In Dubai are very effective.
    Branded Toys In Dubai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really appreciate your kind words. It's not a paid website, although that would be nice:) I do everything myself. Thanks so much!!!

      Delete