Saturday, May 7, 2016

Hannah

I pray for my boys daily. We have many people that pray for us and I just ask that you keep on praying! I know at times it can feel like prayers are not being answered but they are! God just doesn't answer them like we want him to or like we think they will be answered.

We can find many examples  in the Bible and can find lots of scriptures that keep us going. The Bible is meant for us to go to find the answers. There have been times when I get frustrated and often wonder if I am praying correctly or I wonder why God isn't answering certain parts of my prayers. When I get like that I remind myself of lots of scripture. This Mother's Day weekend I want to remind you of Hannah from the Bible.

Hannah was unable to have children for many years. She prayed and prayed daily for a child. Hannah was perseverant. Even though God was silent toward her request for a child for many years, she never stopped praying. She had faith in God!

Hannah and her husband eventually had a child.

But Hannah had made a promise to God that if she had a son, she would give him back for God's service. Hannah followed through on that promise. She handed her young child Samuel over to Eli for training as a priest.

God blessed Hannah further for honoring her pledge to him. She bore three more sons and two daughters. Samuel grew up to become the last of Israel's judges, its first prophet, and counselor to its first two kings, Saul and David.

After years of praying for the same thing, most of us would give up. Hannah did not. She was a devout, humble woman, and God finally answered her prayers. Paul tells us to "pray without ceasing" (1 Thessalonians 5:17). That's exactly what Hannah did. Hannah teaches us to never give up, to honor our promises to God, and to praise God for his wisdom and kindness

Don't ever give up! Even if you think your child will never talk, keep praying and asking for it! Be like Hannah and keep on asking!

2 comments:

  1. Love this reminder! So true and we are always praying for you and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have felt so many times that I wasn't praying fervently enough, or perhaps, I wasn't righteous enough, because scripture tells us the fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Faith in God is also faith in His timing. I was reminded of this when I heard Trenton speak two complete sentences today!!!!...it was awesome! God is good...He does hear our prayers and He does care for us!! always..😊

    ReplyDelete