Wednesday, July 6, 2016

HOPE

Hope. A four letter word that we, as autism parents, have to hold dear to our hearts. I know all too well how easy it is to see that four letter word diminish. We have to be careful or we let go of hope and sometimes it is hard to get it back once we let go of it.
Where would we be without it? Our days are trying enough. It is difficult to say the least raising children with any special needs. I just hate to think where I would be if I didn't have hope.

Hope is found all the way back to the beginning of time. Noah and his family had "HOPE" that God would remember them.

Genesis8 :1
   But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded.

We can also find hope in Psalm 147:11
       the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love

There are numerous other examples we can find on hope in the Bible.

I often try to imagine if I didn't have hope. Hope, along with my faith, is what is getting me through the difficult travels in life. For example, I have battled through some meltdowns lately with Trenton because he is unable to express what he wants and he gets frustrated. His frustrations get worse as he gets older. He knows exactly what he wants but his beautiful soul is trapped in a body that is unable to let him express. I can't imagine. I. CAN'T. IMAGINE.

It is hard for me to get through his frustrations and I am not the one that is unable to express myself. If I didn't have hope then I am assuming I would be depressed because there would not be anything to hold on to. That is another thing that I couldn't imagine...just couldn't imagine not having hope!

So, yes, I hold on to hope. It gives me a glimpse into a beautiful future. It gives me something to look forward to. It gives me everything!!

So, we should never lose hope. We simply have no idea what tomorrow or even the next minute will bring.

Trenton smiled at me today and looked at me and spontaneously said, " I love you." when I dropped him off at Harsha.  I see the hope that I have held on to for so long lately. I will keeping on holding on to it!

This picture was taken a few minutes before he told me he loved me:)

1 comment: