Saturday, July 30, 2016

It's here

The day has finally came! Two Brothers One Journey: The Lovely, Lonely Struggles of an Autism Mom is released! Some of you have already started to read it in a Nook Book form. Some of you are waiting for it to arrive on your doorstep. I want to thank each and every one of you who is supporting the boys and reading the first book of our journey.

The Lovely, Lonely Struggles of an Autism Mom was wrote with a newly diagnosed family in mind. My words were meant for them. I wanted them to be prepared for what may lie ahead of them on their journey. Of course, it all depends on the child or adult with autism and how severe their autism is. A family raising a child with more severe autism will relate to my book much more than a family raising a child with high functioning autism. A family member, friend, neighbor, community, church, or whomever will relate more to the book if their loved one has a more severe form of autism.
Not only did I write with autism parents in mind but I also wrote it  while keeping the family, friends, neighbors,  and community of autism families in mind.  Autism is such a misunderstood disability. My goal is to make people more aware of the daily challenges that it brings.  I tell exactly what autism is.

I have often been asked, "How can I help you?" I hope from my book, others can understand how exactly to help their loved one.

I have had some amazing support from my family, friends, community, church, friends churches, etc. Sadly, I know there are some people who don't have that. I hear it from them. I hear from autism mothers weekly reaching out to me for some inspiring words because they don't have the emotional support from their loved ones.

With all of that said, when you read my first book please keep in mind how my words are preparing another family for their journey. I didn't hold back. I let the reader know what it is going to be like . I didn't sugar coat how hard of a life it is.

As I say in my book, "Everyone deals with storms in their life. The storm I live every day isn’t an easy storm by any means, but it could be worse. Nonetheless, it is my storm. I own it and I will make the most of it. Dance in your storm!"

Book is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble



No comments:

Post a Comment