Tuesday, July 19, 2016

John 3:16

One of the most popular verses in the Bible is John 3:16- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

What a powerful verse in the Bible!! WOW! This verse, along with many others, have helped me on my journey with autism.  Truthfully, the hardships in life that I have went through has put on a much deeper understanding of many verses in Bible. However, this is the one that I want to talk about tonight.

I get asked a lot, "How do you do it?" "How do you stay so strong?"....and many more questions that are very similar to those. The first thing that I tell people is that I couldn't do it without my faith. My faith and love for God and what he has given me is what gets me through the challenging times in life.

When I want to get mad.....when I want to get frustrated and jealous of others...I simply think of the multiple examples that we have in the Bible that are there for us to read and relate to.

The first part of John 3:16 tells us that God loved us so much that he gave up his ONLY son. I can't think of any other love that is stronger than the love that someone gives up their only son for.

This is such an amazing example of how we should be as parents. It tells us that our love should be so strong that we should do what it takes to get through the hard times in life. God gave His only son for us.....so I can forfeit the life that I dreamed about in order to make a better life for my sons.
God gave His only son for us so I can give up my sleep.....I can give up my social life.....I can give up where I want to live.....I can give up a "typical, normal" life....I can at least do that for my sons after the amazing example that God set for us.

So, when you think you have it bad in life....honestly....you don't! Don't get me wrong, its hard and very difficult raising two boys with autism. However, I am not the one living in the severe autism body. I am not that one so I am blessed. If I could I would trade spots with T-man in  heartbeat. I would move mountains upon mountains for him. My love for him is that strong! God's love for me and my children was so strong that He gave up His only son....and that is simply the only example that I need! So when times are tough my friends and when you want to have a pity party...just remember...God gave up His son for you and I and we should be able to give up things and follow His example.

1 comment:

  1. What a truly inspiring post! You make your Momma proud!

    ReplyDelete