Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Lisa

When you have children who need extra support in their life such as therapy, I can't even begin to tell you how special those therapists and coaches are. If you don't have a child with special needs maybe you can compare this to the time that a loved one was sick and in the hospital. The team of doctors and nurses that took care of your loved one was, I'm assuming, special to you. I am sure you were ever so grateful for them helping your loved one.

For me, it is the team of therapists and coaches that I hold so dear to my heart. If it wasn't for them, my boys wouldn't be where they are today.

I spoke a few weeks ago about the special bond between Trenton and his lead coach at Harsha Cognitive Center. Andrew also has a very special bond with his lead coach, Lisa. Almost daily on our way to Harsha Cognitive Center, Andrew will tell me that he is excited to see Lisa. When Lisa has days off, Andrew does not like it!  In fact when she went on vacation a few months ago, Andrew said, "Mommy, I am mad Lisa is gone this week. She better be back soon." He cracks me up with the things that he tells me. I think he may also have a little crush on his coach. He told me one day, "Mommy, I like Lisa's eyes. They are pretty."

These two are quite the pair together:)



No comments:

Post a Comment