Saturday, September 3, 2016

Book Signing at Flora Public Library

We had an amazing day!! My first book signing was a huge success!! I am so grateful for the amazing support that was shown today. There were tears of various emotions shed today.  I have many days where I question myself if all the time spent on advocating is worth it. I found out my answer today.
I don't advocate for sympathy. I don't advocate for attention. I do it to help my son's way of life. I do it because Mommy won't always be around to help them in life. I do it to educate the world that they have to live in so they can be better supported by their community.
I have got various support through the years and have heard numerous things that just made it all worth it. Today, I watched a grown man that I met for the first time that drove all the way from Tennessee to meet me. Him and his wife have been followers of my blog and story the past few years. I watched this man and his wife cry and tell me how much my story has impacted their life. They expressed how they are changed people because of my story and my faith. They no longer judge children who act out in public. They no longer judge the parents who are trying to control that unruly child.  THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I ADVOCATE!!!!!! Thank you!!

Therefore, I found myself being so grateful for everyone who allows my story into their life because you are allowing me to educate you. You are learning and bettering yourself to help the next family that you come across with autism. That just makes absolutely everything worth it! All the time I spend writing to help other autism families and to help others learn is worth every minute!

I realized again today how blessed I am. God has given me an amazing life...a hard life... but a life that I have turned around to see the beauty in every minute and I am just so grateful and blessed.  God is amazing and I give all glory to Him!

Thank you to everyone who made today such a huge success. I met people for the first time and I saw friends that I haven't seen in a very long time. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

Ecclesiastes 7:12        
For the protection of wisdom is like the protection of money, and the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the life of him who has it.

Proverbs 16:3   
Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established

I wanted to get more pictures today but it was a very busy afternoon that didn't leave time for many pictures.









1 comment:

  1. The book signing was such a success and very humbling to realize how many people really do care! Once again, we are reminded of how many truly caring folks there are in the world and what an awesome community Clay County is! Our prayer is that the book will help others that are traveling the same road! Thank you one and all for coming out and those that couldn't be there, but have ordered the book!

    ReplyDelete