Saturday, October 15, 2016

Autism Acceptance Event

I had a great day promoting my book at an Autism Acceptance event in Terre Haute.  I spoke to some amazing families who are going through the daily struggles of raising children on the spectrum as well. I could talk about each and every one of them and how I relate to them but that would be an enormous post! However, I did get the pleasure of meeting this cutie, Nicolai.


I have never met someone so similar to Trenton until today. This little boy is exactly the way Trenton was at four years old. The second his Mom let go of his hand he was running away and not looking back. Wow! He is so similar! Such a sweet little boy who has an awesome Mommy. I also had the pleasure of meeting his step parent and she is awesome as well! This little boy and his brother is blessed with a great family who does everything they can for him.
The few minutes I spent with him just melted my heart. I have always had a love for individuals with special needs, which is why I was a special education teacher. I just can't wait for the day when I can go back to work and work with special needs people again. I know...I know...I have my boys but my heart is in it to help everyone!

The event had trick or treating for kids on the spectrum. Guess who came to see me at my table???? That is right...my two cutie patooties who is the inspiration behind everything that I do. Andrew was very excited that he got to go trick or treating already!!

 Lots of kids and adults were dressed up:)

The event also had firetrucks there! The boys enjoyed it....Andrew wants to be a firefighter when he grows up:)
 My nephews also came to see me at my booth today. Love them so much and wish I had more time to be an aunt.
 Andrew was beyond elated that his buddy, Lincoln came!

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun afternoon! Trenton did great and stayed much longer than we had thought!!😊

    ReplyDelete