Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Be Still

One of my daily Bible scriptures that I received today was Be still, and know that I am God.’” Psalm 46:10a

I have thought about this verse a lot over the years, especially the last few years.
Is it hard to be still? You betcha. I know you, my reader, knows that just as much as I do. It doesn't matter what we face in life, "being still" is hard...being patient is hard.....it's all hard.

It is especially hard for me raising two boys with special needs as a single parent. Sometimes it is hard to wait on God to lead me to the next step in our life. It's hard to wait for certain answers for the boys when time is so crucial.

It's hard to be still when your child can't communicate and has so many daily challenges. As a parent, I want to help the problem and fix it right then and there! But, that is impossible.

However, we have to learn to be still and to see the beauty in the life that He gave us. God is in control of everything so we have to wait for him to guide us and to show us what is next in our journey of this crazy thing we call life.


1 comment: