Monday, November 14, 2016

Testing of Faith Produces Perseverance

It is very easy to want and demand everything to happen NOW! The type of world we live in doesn't help that either, it only makes it worse.  The world makes us forget about what the scripture says and all the examples that we have in the Bible that tells us the opposite way the world is going.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:2-4

If you go to the Bible for examples, you will find that Noah waited 120 years for the flood, Sarah and Abraham waited nearly 100 years to be parents. These and countless others waited on God and since they waited and were patient, they were rewarded.

Today, most people do not want to wait. It is hard to wait. We want what we want and we want it now. It is so easy to get inpatient like the rest of the world. But, we must remember when we wait we learn to be a better person. We build strength and perseverance which is a very strong trait of a Godly person.

I want things to be better for my boys now. I would love that but God knows better. He is using this time to build me up and to make me an even stronger woman. He is seeing what is truly deep in my heart and that is not giving up...being there each and every step of the way with the boys.

Would we all really appreciate things if God just gave them to us. If you think about it....I am sure we all know a spoiled person and that is why they got the name "spoiled" because things were always easy for them or just handed to them. God doesn't want to hand us things in life which is why we have trials and hard times. It is to build us up and to make us a better person if we respond that way.

One of my trials is autism and divorce and if I would predict, I am predicting that it is literally taking years off of my life. Stress does that. But, overall I am living a better life than if things were just handed to me. My heart is more open to others and I am a more empathetic person than before. My strength is better. God has taught me a lot in these years of trials and that is exactly what trials are for....to build us up if we allow it to. It is to see what is really in our hearts. It is to test our faith.

If you are facing trials in your life, just remember it is happening for a reason. Open your eyes and find out what you need to find out about yourself and who you need to become from your trials. I suggest you open your Bible and read the examples of how others went through trials. It helps me to know that others had to wait and build up their strength and perseverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment