Sunday, December 18, 2016

Trials Produce Strength

James 1:12   
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him

I try daily to remind myself that the more trials that are handed to us, the stronger I get in almost every aspect of my life. I have my weak moments for sure but overall I see the strength that the Lord is giving me. I beg him for it daily. I seek it out. I seek His word out even more daily to help me to find the answers. I seek daily to find the answers of why things keep happening to us. Yet, it could always be worse. I know this!


A huge fear of special needs parents is if something happens to them or when their health fails, who will take care of their child/ren. It's a laughing but serious joke among special needs parents is that we want to live to be over a 100.  Yet, life happens. We have no control over what happens to us or to our children. It's God's story and we just have to live  the role that he gave us.


I have came a long way in my life. At a time in my life I questioned a lot of things....such as why I had to have some major health problems at the age of 19....why was my friends and I involved in an accident at the age of 19.....why did I have to have a miscarriage...why did my firstborn son have to have severe autism. However, I have learned so much from these trials and much more from many other trials in life. I have learned to find what God was trying to tell me or what he was trying to prepare me for. By the time Andrew had problems and by the time I found out about other things that was happening in life that led to a divorce, I was in a much better place and handled things much differently. I did because I learned so much in life along the way.  I didn't see the good out of my trials right away. I don't think God expects you to. He wants to see the endurance that you have to stick with the situation, he wants to see your heart, and he wants to see if you can find the good and the meaning behind it all.

Whether it is your personal trial or a loved one's trial, I encourage you to look and see what God is wanting you to do. What is He trying to tell you? What does He want you to do? What is your role? What is He trying to tell you?


Romans 5:3   
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,

No comments:

Post a Comment