Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Have To Have Faith

I listened to an excellent sermon last Sunday at church. One of the things my preacher said in his sermon was, "I don't know why some of your children are born sick and mine aren't. I don't know why some of you battle cancer and some don't." etc...he added some other things in that section of his sermon and he is so right. We don't know why. It is something that we will never know.
I have read the Bible up and down and even more so since I have had my children. I searched and searched and look for answers as to "Why" this happened to me.  I didn't find what my tired, exhausted, sad mind was looking  for but instead I found some of the most amazing answers. I think most people turn to The Bible under tragedy to look for an exact sentence. It won't be there! Let me tell you what I have found and realize and what gets me through each of my days....

1. Trials.  We all face trials....whether it is raising children with special needs, cancer, untimely deaths of loved ones, etc, we all face trials. In Romans we read this....
Romans 5: 3-5 Not only so, but we[a] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

In my trials in life, I have built my character up and have a much different appreciation on life and a better understanding of the most important book in the world, THE BIBLE.
It doesn't matter what trial you are going through...life still goes on. It doesn't stop because of your trial. It still goes on so you have to battle through it and live on with what you have been granted.

2.  People born with special needs so severe where they are always dependent on others to take care of them, is like a child. In Matthew we can read.."Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
I have studied this and studied it....my boys may always be like a child. I know Trenton will. Therefore, he is one of God's angels..one that Christ wants us to be like....one that was sent here to try to make others "change their character"...to try to make others better people......they are our test...they are sent here to make a difference....they are sent here to tell the rest of us a lot and its up to us on how we respond to it. We are only here for a short while. We have one life and we all know how fast it goes. This is just a small walk compared to our next life so we all need to have a heart of a child and a heart of a special needs person!

3. In James we told to consider it "joy to have trials". It is hard to look at the trials of life as "joy" but it is. I have built my character up and become a much better person through the trials. Look at yourself and look at the character you have right now....Now think back to the person you were before the trials? Are you better? Do you have a better appreciation of things in life? Are you more thankful for the small things? Or are you exactly like you were before the trials? How are you responding to the trials God is giving you?

4. Hebrews 13:2 "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels." What is God telling us with this verse in the Bible. When we practice hospitality we just may be helping a messenger of God without realizing it. Who is the messenger? Does God send angels? Maybe he does....Maybe those adults who are like a child are angels sent from above to help us...to make us a better person...maybe they are our test.

5. None of this makes sense unless you have faith. We can read about faith in Hebrews.  God tells us without faith we have nothing!

I personally get involved in the world at times and wish so much I could do this and do that with the boys. I wish I had a husband to walk this life with. I wish the boys didn't battle their challenges...I wish everyone just got along in life and that no one would see the bad in anyone! If I could change the world and take the evil out I would! I am just that kind of person. But, the world is what it is and we have to look to find the answers to it. These are some of my answers. I could make this post a really long post but I won't. Some of this make not make sense to you without some of the other verses but stay tuned....I'll get to them soon!

Whatever the circumstance you find yourself in, God is sovereignly arranging it for your good such as we find in Romans 8:28.  Nothing can come into your life by accident or without God’s knowledge and divine stamp of approval.  Even heart breaking tragedies like terminal diseases and the loss of loved ones are ordained by God for our good.

Please please please try to find the joy in your life...no matter how hard it is....no matter how difficult your life is....try to find it. I walk this life, the one life I have been granted with many daily struggles and trials with Trenton, but I do my best to find the joy in something. It is hard and some days I don't. But, in the overall outlook, I have found the joy and I am one blessed woman with two amazing boys who are God's messengers who have taught me a lot in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment