Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Reasons Mother's Day Is So Special

Happy Mothers Day everyone! First and foremost, let's all remember the moms out there who have a difficult time on this weekend. Many moms have lost children or many people have lost their own mother. It's just a hard time for some folks, so let's all say a special prayer for those individuals this weekend.

My motherhood experience sure didn't turn out like I imagined.  I don't have the white picket fence family. I don't have children where I can let my guard down with.  Nothing comes easy for our family because we deal with the challenges of autism.
But, what I have is amazing and beautiful. Besides dealing with the trials of autism, we have a pretty wonderful family of three. We have big hearts that see the beauty in the tiniest of things. We have God with us and we are letting Him lead us on an incredible journey.

I am blessed to have a few reasons why Mother's Day is so special.....

1. I first found out I was going to be a mother in June 2009. I was so happy. I always wanted to be a mother and a wife. I lost that baby when I was 13 weeks and always think of my "forever baby" weekly.  Even though I never got to hold that baby here on Earth, I will one day in heaven. That sweet little baby first made me a mother!

2. The second person that made me a mom is Trenton, aka T-man! He is the one that has made my motherhood experience much different than I imagined. Yet, he is the reason I am who I am today.  I walk with him and his trials daily and I couldn't imagine doing anything else! We are an amazing team together. Him and I are learning the ropes of severe, non-verbal autism together.  I am the only one that knows him inside and out. I know what his noises mean, I know what his body language means, I know what the different looks in his eyes mean....I know it all! He may not be able to tell me but  I can tell how much love he has for me. I get the most amazing look in his eye everyday when I pick him up or come home. Him and I are accomplishing amazing things in the autism world and we will keep on doing it! Thank you T-man for making me the mom that I am today. Love you, Bubba!



3. The third little person that made Mother's Day so special is my Andrew, aka Lil A.
He sure does know how to make life interesting. He has the biggest, sweetest heart of any little boy that I have ever met and I will gladly take credit for it:) If I had more time to blog, I would make everyone tear up daily with happy and sad tears from my stories on him. He is such an incredible little boy. He fights his battles daily too and is another reason why the word "Mom" or as Andrew says, "Moochies" means so much to me. Love you so much Lil A!

Andrew gave me an early Mother's Day gift earlier this week. He made it in preschool and had to give it to me in the van after I picked him up. Needless to say, I LOVE IT!!
It came with a card and the card had flower stickers in it. He said, " I know how much you like flowers so I wanted to make sure you had flowers."
He is one sweet little boy!! I can't wait for the day for Trenton to make me something!!!



I would not be the mom that I am today without an amazing example from my mother and Grandma. Those two women mean the world to me. I sacrifice daily for my boys and they sacrifice daily for us.  When I say the boys and I wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for them, we really wouldn't! My mom is one of the very few people that can babysit Trenton. My mom is one of the few people that is willing to come help us. It doesn't matter if we lived next door or two hours away like we do now, she is there when we need her. Thank you so much for all the sacrifices you make for us Mom! We love you so much!

Thank you so much Grandma Great for what you have done for us. The boys and I love you so much too!
Here are our favorite two women with Andrew.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! Miss you all! I just LOVE these photos of you and the boys!

    ReplyDelete