Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Joy

A few weeks ago, my preacher mentioned in his sermon how it seems like in life that good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people all the time. I know we all have thought this before. I have thought it numerous times. I could list numerous bad, life changing things that have happened to some of the best people in this world. At times, we look at others and wonder why they get all good things and never go through any trials. It is life and it is human nature to think this way. However, my preacher mentioned in his sermon that good things happen to bad people because God loves them too! God loves everyone and he shows everyone his love. It just really hit home with me on how true that statement really is. God blesses us all with good things and sometimes it may seem that all the wrong people get the really great things in life but it is simply because God loves everyone!

At times it often seems like that some of the strongest, Godly people go through some of the hardest trials in life. Why? God loves us too just like he loves the lost.
I often think it is because God knows we are strong enough to battle the battle. He knows that we will find the joy and hope during our hard times.
Through the numerous difficult situations in my life, God knew I would still live a life of joy, even in the midst of all of the trials, including autism.  Joy isn't simply smiling at the world, its a state of being and the act of serving God.  Joy allows us to rise above our trials.
Joy is a gift.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith

We all have joy, if we have Christ. God wants us to have a life full of joy
We can have joy even in the midst of autism. If we have Christ in us, then we will have a life of joy and see the beauty that autism and/or any other trials you live with can bring to you.

Even though it is hard, I am very thankful for my trials in life because it has made me stronger. I live my life daily doing my best to find the joy in our daily life. The burden I carry....the hurt I feel daily knowing I will close my eyes in death leaving behind a child with  a severe disability is something I would not wish upon anyone. Its a life of hurt and guilt. We all want what is best for our children. We all want our children to grow up and live independent lives. However, many families aren't able to have that because we are raising  children with severe needs.
Yet, what good is my life if I dwell in my own self pity? It's not good at all. Therefore, we take our trials and tribulations and do the best we can with them and we can't do that without finding the joy in our lives.

Just as Christ laid down his life for us, parents of special needs children come very close to understanding the heart of Christ. Most special needs parents would lay down our lives to make our children's lives better.  There is nothing greater than that kind of joy and love!

Nehemiah 8:10
Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength

The joy of the Lord is my strength and He gives me all the strength I need to find my joy!!

It's hard one some days but I encourage you to find the joy in your trials. Ask God to help you with that and he will answer that prayer for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment